It was so much fun celebrating Michael's 40th birthday in Cabo San Lucas back in 2012, and we are so happy you will be joining us for the 5th anniversary!
As the countdown to our trip continues to slowly click away, this website will serve as information central for all things relative to our trip. So please check back often for updates and feel free to leave comments on any of the posts. If you want to be alerted when new information is added, utilize the "Follow by Email" function on the right side of the screen. But please DO NOT share this website with anyone who's not a part of our group.
To help with your early preparation, we've compiled a quick help guide:
Where are we staying?Once again, we will be staying at the beautiful Casa Buena Vida in Pedregal, located just a quick cab ride from the Cabo San Lucas Marina. This 10,000 sq/ft villa will serve as party central as most of our meals and activities take place here. And just like last time, the house comes with a full cleaning and kitchen staff.
If you do not have a room booked at the house, we suggest you find a cheap to moderate hotel in Cabo San Lucas. Since you will be spending most of your time with us at the house, there's really no need to splurge on a resort (unless you just want to). Also, any hotel in San Lucas is a short cab ride to the house in Pedregal.
What are the dates?We are scheduled to check-in to the villa on Sunday, July 16th after 3pm and check-out on Friday, July 21st by 11am. Those times could slide in our favor if there is not another party checking out the day we arrive or checking in the day we leave. Please keep these check-in and check-out times in mind when you are booking your flights! For those staying in the villa, there's one other very important date to remember: May 19th. That is when your final payment is due.
How are we getting to/from the airport?Victor's Cabo (whom we used in 2012) is offering us a group discount for our trip. When you contact him to schedule your round-trip transfers, make sure you mention "Michael Eaves" to receive the discount. Depending on whether an SUV or van is needed the cost would be $65-80 each way. The cost, of course, could be split if multiple people arrive around the same time and coordinate their transfers to the villa or hotel. We will eventually post a page where people can list their flight arrival and departure information.
What's the food situation?We are planning to have breakfast and dinner prepared at the house each day of our stay, with each person being responsible for a reasonable daily fee to cover the purchase of groceries. We are not having lunch scheduled because last time we just ended up eating the breakfast leftovers and snacks during the day to tide us over to dinner. Plus, we have a boat excursion scheduled one day that will provide lunch for us (more on that down the page). Also, if you have any food allergies and/or restrictions, please let us know well in advance so the kitchen staff can be prepared.
What do we need to bring?Other than the typical things you would bring for a vacation in the sun, we are also asking that you bring the following items:
- Cash: This will be used to pay for the daily groceries, tips for the staff, and, of course, for Left-Center-Right (for those not familiar, it's the most competitive game you can play where absolutely zero skill is required)! Smaller bills would be preferable, including several $1 bills for LCR! In the coming weeks, we will have a better idea on a suggested total amount.
- Favorite liquor/wine: To help supplement what we will already have pre-stocked in the house, we are asking every person to bring a bottle or two of their favorite alcoholic drink. You can either pick something up at the duty free shop or stop at Wal-Mart on the way from the airport (one 30-minute stop is included in your transfer with Victor's Cabo).
What will we be doing?Our motto for this trip is once again, "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." So expect a very festive party atmosphere throughout our stay in Cabo. In addition to spending most of our time hanging out at the pool, we are also planning for the following activities:
- Monday: In-house tequila tasting and massages. The tasting is free, but you will also have the option to buy bottles to take home with you or consume during our stay. There will be a fee for the massages. We will get that information to everyone over the next several weeks.
- Tuesday: 3-hour private boat excursion on a 32-foot catamaran. During our afternoon cruise, guests will have the option of jumping in the water to do a little snorkeling or just hanging out on the catamaran to enjoy the sun and music. We will need a minimum of 15 people to reserve the 10am-1pm excursion at a price of $100/person (tip included). The price covers all the necessary gear (snorkels, masks, fins and life vests), a lunch consisting of fajitas, chips, guacamole and salsa and an open bar featuring bottled water, soda, juice, beer, wine and assorted liquor including margaritas.
- Wednesday: 9-hole golf outing at Cabo San Lucas CC. Total cost for green fees and rental clubs will be $100.